Tyrant – Void Titan Concept
Fantasy: Harness the essence of your enemy and use it against them. Command the battlefield from within your puppet, projecting power from a vehicle of dark energy. Grant Titan a strong roaming super with low immediate kill potential but much stronger pushing power. Force players and AI to commit to focusing you down or risk being pushed out of entrenchments.
Enthrall Essence: Super ability, signature ability
- The Titan wraps themselves in the Void, drawing from the essence of the last enemy they vanquished or from the environment around them. The Titan is consumed by and controls a puppet in the form of a major combatant of the race last defeated, or whatever fits the theme of a competitive map.
- Captain Essence: Take the form of a Fallen Captain and rush your enemies with a rapid-fire Shrapnel Launcher. Lateral dodge can be performed by pressing LT.
- Minotaur Essence: Take the form of a Vex Minotaur and bombard your enemies with a long-range Torch Hammer. Rapid forward blinks, ending in a strong melee, can be performed by double tapping LT.
- Wizard Essence: Take the form of a Hive Wizard and assault your enemies with Darkness Blasts. A zoning field that deals damage over time can be placed at target location by pressing LT.
- Colossus Essence: Take the form of a Cabal Colossus and suppress your enemies with a rapid-fire Slug Thrower. Release homing missiles by pressing LT.
- Taken would result in a form related to the origin race of the last individual combatant killed. Splicers count as Fallen for purposes of super.
- Aesthetic notes: Larger, semi-transparent (ethereal feeling) model used for enthralled combatant super forms; supered titan is encased inside these larger models and can be seen by foes; supered titan’s skeleton is mapped to combatant’s animation rig and mimics actions of combatant shell.
- Combatant shell has large health pool (base HP + shields) and requires focusing to bring down. Unlike other offensive Titan supers, rapid kills are not the goal. Instead, the player forces enemies to focus them down or run, or they will be fighting at a disadvantage due to the asymmetric nature of the health pools.
- Upon depletion of shell health pool, the shell evaporates but the player does not die; instead they drop from their suspended state with shields depleted.
Detain Grenade: Grenade ability
- Physics properties of a standard incendiary/suppressor grenade.
- Detonates once fully at rest – Halo CE frag behavior
- Upon detonation, all targets in area take minor Void damage (~70 HP) and a cage forms around the detonation area.
- Targets can remove detonation by shooting the cage; focused primary fire results in target freedom in less than a second.
- Cage cannot be entered from outside; allows forced restriction of movement paths even if targets are not caught in detonation by removing avenues of movement.
Mark of Command: Melee ability
- Tyrant melee ability splashes on hit, dealing normal melee damage to all targets in an area. Targets in AOE also take increased damage from all sources.
- Black tendrils emanate from targets with this effect.
Detain Grenade modifier tree
- Prison of the Void: Targets detained by the Tyrant take damage over time until freed.
- Eternal Imprisonment: The Detain cage lasts longer and has more HP.
- General Population: The area of effect of the Detain grenade is significantly larger.
Mark of Command modifier tree
- Servitude: Targets affected by the Mark take increased damage from all sources for a greater duration.
- Conflict of Interest: Minor minions of the Darkness affected by the Mark are enthralled by the Tyrant and fight alongside them for a short duration. Minions are killed when the Mark expires.
- Soul Siphon: The Tyrant gains bonus Armor and Agility for every target affectted by the Mark.
General class tree modifiers
- The duration of your enthralled puppet increases significantly, but the puppet loses its shield.
- Detained targets are also affected by the Mark of Command for the duration of their imprisonment.
- If not destroyed by weapon fire, the Detain cage detonates with the force of the primary grenade detonation upon expiration.
- Your puppet’s secondary abilities recharge significantly faster.
- Upon destruction or expiration, the Detain cage briefly blinds its prisoners as they exit.