Mechanist – Solar Hunter Class
Fantasy: Even the lone wolf needs a companion; chaos and distraction empowers players to outsmart their enemy and burn them down. Ability to break entrenchments and allow unimpeded movement by shifting focus away from player. Actual force multiplication – increase the number of effective fronts your team is capable of fighting on. Allows Hunter to move away from direct damage and/or direct damage modification and towards a more timing-oriented tactical or support role.
Field Constructor: Super ability, signature class ability
- Summons a major minotaur at the player’s location that charges your enemies. Minotaur has torch hammer and standard void shield; prefers to charge and melee over firing – will only fire if pathing to target is blocked.
- Minotaur expires after thirty seconds.
- Dependent on navmesh working on all activity arenas; potential area for concern.
Command Beacon: Melee ability
- Throw an explosive beacon, spending your melee charge. Beacon sticks to players and surfaces, with no magnetism.
- If thrown while super is active, allied combatant will use beacon location as attack-move command, engaging enemies on its way to the location.
- Beacon detonates in a small radius after (7) seconds with damage equal to standard melee attack.
Conduction Grenade: Grenade ability
- Upon impact, grenade detonates (low detonation damage) and creates a small AOE with long duration on walkable surfaces that deals damage over time to enemies and slows movement slightly. Grenade will only detonate after coming to rest. Targets that are affected by AOE at any point take increased damage for (7) seconds.
Field Constructor modifier tree:
- Mobile Destruction: Your Minotaur now fires its Torch Hammer while moving towards the target location.
- Programmed Depravity: Your Minotaur is replaced by three major Goblin Fanatics that charge your target and explode when near or upon death, leaving a conduction grenade AOE behind and dealing minor damage.
- Swarm of Steel: Your Minotaur is replaced by two major Harpies that split up and charge your target, firing while pathing.
Command Beacon modifier tree:
- Mobile Construction: If a beacon is placed on the map prior to super activation, your summon will spawn at the beacon’s location.
- Proximity: The beacon persists longer and detonates by proximity when a target is near.
- Negation: Upon detonation, the beacon deals no damage but suppresses any target in its area of effect for 3 seconds.
General class modifier trees:
- Your summons explode on death, dealing damage equal to a standard incendiary grenade (no DOT) in a slightly smaller area of effect.
- Your summons reconstruct upon death, with a delay of ten seconds, at their death location. Their health is reduced upon reconstruction (non-major).
- Damage your summons deal is returned to you as healing.
- Your summons do not appear on radar.
- Conduction grenade area of effect also suppresses enemies for the duration.